What to Expect During Your Massage Visit
If you have had a massage before, you know the benefits it can bring. If you are new to massage, you may have some questions. Please feel free to ask us at any time.
We have provided the answers to some commonly asked questions and concerns.
1. You will be asked to disrobe to your level of comfort. If you have any reservations or concerns regarding disrobing, please let your massage therapist know at the beginning of your appointment.
2. We love children; however, so that you may receive the full benefit of your massage treatment, we discourage their presence during your treatment. If this is not possible, please let us know in advance.
3. Massage is powerful and therapeutic. DRINKING plenty of WATER before and after your massage is very important. Muscles and joints need to be hydrated to prevent cramping and help eliminate the accumulations of toxins. Water is the key to flushing these toxins from your body.
4. If your immune system is fighting a cold or the flu, or you are experiencing any health problems that you feel may affect your massage, please inform your therapist before your appointment.
5. You may be instructed to ice specific areas after your treatment since your muscles have worked in a new way. You may experience some stiffness or tenderness the next day. This is common, but icing will reduce this a great deal. If tenderness lasts more than a day, let your therapist know at your next appointment or feel free to give us a call. If your body is unusually sensitive to more than light massage, please discuss this with your therapist. This will enable us to give you the best treatment possible for your body.
6. To ensure that you receive the maximum benefit from your massage treatment, we ask that you please turn off all cellular phones during the session. Due to a possible emergency, please let your therapist know if you need to leave your cell phone on during visit.